Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy people just don't kill their husbands.

We all have those days, weeks or maybe months where we just cant catch a break. I'm in that lump right now. So today's blog is going to be about how to relieve stress in a HEALTHY way! In the past I would turn to numbing to get over the pain of stress and irritation, but that never solved the problem. Its hard to deal with your stressful situations head on but that's the only way we can get over it. Here are some things I do to deal with stress...

1. Journal  ... Write down EVERYTHING you are thinking. don't worry about grammar or spelling just "vomit" what you are thinking. The most effective way that helps me is to not stop until i have written three pages front and back, that's when i notice the REAL problem comes out.
2. Exercise... As Elle Woods says "Endorphins make you happy. Happy People just don’t kill their husbands" 

3. Breath... Attend a yoga class, listen to a relaxing cd adn just focus INNNN and OOOUUTTT

4. Treat your self .. This one is my favorite! Get a message, a mani pedi, do something GOOD for your self.


I hope you all are having a stress free day! The sun is shining get out and do something good for you and others!



3 comments:

  1. great recommendations! Think I will go get a mani pedi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alexa. you are just so wise! for real though.. writing my word vomit is one of my favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete