Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Choices



Last year I made a choice, in the moment not thinking of how it could effect me in any way kind of choice. Over the year I really didn't see what the big deal was. Yes some people looked at me differently and probably were disappointed but I kept thinking, who cares it's my body. I went on with my life not knowing the consequences that came along with my choice. I'm the oldest in my family, and extended family, I am an example whether I like it or not. I got a phone call from my little cousin Alex she said to me "why would you do that when Jesus told us not to?" I said back "I don't know Alex I just did" she replied  "well that's stupid, don't do it again OK?" I said okay and then I realized I have made a big mistake. As many of you know my goal in life is to dance and teach. I love teaching its my passion it really brings me joy. I look into my students faces and see a light. A light of joy hope and wonderment. They are so innocent and they make me so happy. I would be crushed if one of my students made the same mistakes I did. Again im not only an example to  my family but also to my students. How am I supposed to lead when I am not doing what I believe in. I know I am a daughter of God and that my body is a gift and I need to take care of it. I only get this one body why abuse it and break it down? I know threw my mistakes I am learning. Maybe this is apart of my journey threw life. But to receive ALL the blessing from our Heavenly Father we MUST follow the commandments. He knows we will make mistakes and that is where the Atonement comes in and I am more grateful for the atonement everyday. Im not perfect but my goal is to be clean so I can be sealed to my future partner for time and all eternity in God's home, the temple. I want to stand before God and say "I am Clean". Doctrine and Covenants say "Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord." I will take on Jesus name and be an example of Him.
With that said i WILL be an example so that when people know me they will want to know the lord. I am so grateful to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for my family and my amazing friends that have been examples to me. Im grateful for my challenges and trials, but i cant lie i wish i didn't have to learn the hard way but that was my choice.

Like my dads says every day "Be Faithful, Work Hard, and Have Fun!" I will be faithful in all my doings.


 This is me with my Nugget Alex Goett
My amazing Sister Marisa & our cousin Haleigh Goett

Me Marisa & the Goett Boys :)

Here is the talk given by President Hinckley called I am Clean

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so proud of you! Keep it up! I know I wasn't always the best example of an aunt and let many people down, but I keep trying to do my best and the is what counts know.Love you Lexi:)

    ReplyDelete